Former Delhi minister Jain collapses in Jail, admitted to ICU

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Medlarge Top News, Hospitals, Latest

Jailed AAP leader and former minister Satyendar Jain was admitted to an ICU ward of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan (LNJP) Hospital on Thursday after he collapsed in the prison due to dizziness.

Earlier in the day, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) said former Delhi minister Jain was first admitted to the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Hospital and later shifted to the LNJP Hospital due to breathing problems.

Health Minister Saurabh Bhardwaj said that disturbing news are coming about Jain for many days. “He is looking very weak. Earlier also they have fallen in jail like this. When he fell down this morning, he suffered a head injury, now he has been brought to LNJP for MRI. He has been admitted in the neuro department there. He is facing trouble in breathing since Covid”, said Delhi Health Minister.

This was the second time in a week that the former minister was taken to hospital. Jain has been in Tihar jail since his arrest by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with a money laundering case in May last year. Earlier too Jain had fallen in the bathroom and had a serious spinal injury

Wishing a speedy recovery to Jain, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal tweeted, “A dictator is adamant to punish the person who worked day and night to provide good treatment and good health to the public. God is watching and will serve justice to all. I pray for Satyendra Jain’s speedy recovery. May God give him the strength to fight against these adverse circumstances.”

A senior jail official said that around 6 am on Thursday, under-trial prisoner Satyendar Jain slipped in the bathroom of the MI room of the hospital of central jail number-7, where he was kept under observation for general weakness.

He was examined by doctors and his vitals were found normal. Jain was referred to the DDU Hospital as he complained of pain in his back, left leg and shoulder, the official said. On Monday, Jain was taken to the Safdarjung Hospital as he was feeling unwell.