Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on Friday said that the decisions on booster dose and vaccination of kids will be taken only after scientific advise and recommendation.
However, the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (NTAGI), had said in last month that a policy on the booster and additional doses of the vaccine could be expected in two weeks.
Minister Mandaviya was replying in the Lok Sabha today during the discussion on Covid pandemic. He informed the house that total 3.46 cr of Corona cases have been reported in India and 4.6 Lakh people died of the infection so far across the nation. He said that this is only 1.36 per cent of total cases which is one of the lowest in the world.
Informing the house on new Covid variant Omicron, Mandaviya said to the house that total 16000 passengers from ‘at-risk’ countries from 58 flights tested for Covid in the RT PCR testing and 18 persons have been found positive. He said that their samples genome sequencing for Omicron is underway and it can’t be determined that if they have Omnicorn variant or not.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda was admitted to AIIMS Delhi following the complaint of breathing…
India has achieved a milestone in organ transplantation, recording its highest-ever number of transplants in…
Mothers Against Vaping (MAV), a collective of mothers worried about the future of their children,…
A parliamentary committee has recommended mandatory kidney function tests every six months for everyone aged…
A parliamentary committee has recommended that a private hospital room in a metropolitan city should…
The Integrated Health & Wellbeing (IHW) Council marked World IVF Day by convening the 7th…